Malaysian Passport Renewal in Singapore - A complete guide to Renew your Malaysia Passport in Singapore
If you have a Malaysian passport that is about to expire, you should consider renewing it. But can it be done in Singapore?
The Answer is yes and, IVC has done more than 10,000 Malaysian Passport Renewals in Singapore. You may call us or visit us for a Free consulting.
We are Open on Monday – Friday (10.A.M – 6 P.M), Saturday (10.A.M – 6 P.M)
In this guide, we’ll go over what you need to know about renewing a Malaysian passport in Singapore. This includes the documentation you’ll need as well as the cost.
A step-by-step guide for Malaysian Passport Renewal
If you have the required documents, renewing a Malaysian passport in Singapore should be relatively straightforward. Simply follow the steps below:
- Apply for an appointment to renew your passport at the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore. The headquarters are in Johor1, a Malaysian state in the south connected to Singapore.
- Please fill out the passport renewal application form and return it to us.
- Provide all required supporting documentation, including photographs (which will be covered in a moment).
- Make your passport fees payment.
- Wait some time for your application to be processed.
- Return to the Malaysian consulate to hand in your old passport and pick up your new one.
Is it possible to renew my Malaysian passport online?
You may also renew Malaysian Passport in Singapore online or at least complete part of the process without physically visiting a consular office or immigration center.
You can do so via Malaysia’s Immigration Department’s online passport portal. Click here to visit Malaysian High Commission.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload a recent passport-size picture of yourself, make sure it meets all of the requirements (i.e., not wearing glasses, having a white backdrop)
- You must pay the application fee through a Malaysian Bank Account or Card.
Once you’ve completed all of this, you’ll also need to go to an immigration office in person to turn in your old papers and pick up your new passport.
Some people may not be able to renew their passports online. For example, if your passport is lost or impaired, you must apply in person for the renewal.
Passport renewal fees in Malaysia
Renewal of a Malaysian passport in Singapore costs the same whether you apply in person or online.
- Adults aged between 13 – 59 must pay a charge of 200 RM (approximately 65 SGD).
- The premium for those above the age of 60 is just 100 RM (around 33 SGD) ¹.
If you renew your passport in person, you must pay the fee in Singapore Dollars.
You can pay for online applications with a debit or credit card or online banking with Malaysia Bank Accounts.
Singapore Bank accounts or Credit cards can not be used to pay online Fees for Renewing Malaysian passports in Singapore.
What documents am I required to have to renew my Malaysian passport?
Regardless of the application route you take, the following Malaysian passport renewal documents will be required:
- Your previous Malaysian passport
- Passport-size photos of yourself from the last few years
- Your Malaysian Identification Card
- Your submission confirmation (for online applications).
How long would it take for my new passport to arrive?
The time it takes to get your new passport depends on how you apply.
If you apply for Malaysian passport renewal online, you will be given a collection date and time on your submission receipt2.
The collection day for applications submitted in person at the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore is one working day after the submission date.